Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A little broken hearted tonight

My heart aches tonight, even though I know that the ultimate healing has occurred. My Grandpa Ed passed away tonight at 5 pm my time and 2 pm in Oregon. My mom let me know that it was a peaceful passing, that my Aunt Barbara told him it was okay, that he could go and see his folks, his brother and his sister. She left to go to the bathroom and when she returned he had passed. I say that it is the ultimate healing as he has been living with dementia for awhile now and has been on oxygen. He hasn't really been "present" for some time now.


My heart aches as I wish I had seen more of him these last few years. It had been too long since I had seen him and now I won't get the chance to see him now. So please bear with me as I shed some tears and remember an amazing man...

1 comment:

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

Praying for you and your family.