Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shift 2 of the toughest job

So I have just finished another tough day on the job. Josh left this morning for Chicago on a business trip. Jenna was at daycare and Peyton and I had a great day together. I was fooled into thinking things would be easy because Peyton went to sleep at 7:30 last night. Well...

We got home from playing with Jenna's neighborhood friends after daycare and Peyton screamed until I settled her down long enough to give Jenna a bath.

Then Peyton fussed as Jenna and I made and ate dinner.

Dinner was finished so I fed Peyton a bottle while Jenna wined and then I had to let Peyton cry until she fell asleep in her swing since Jenna was still fussing too. What else could I do, it was just me.

Once Peyton was asleep, Jenna and I played and then I got her to sleep. As I was finishing up with Jenna, I heard Peyton fussing downstairs.

I got Peyton's bottle ready and took her upstairs to put her to bed. It took 30 minutes and a trip upstairs 15 minutes later, but I finally have both kids asleep in their beds and am preparing for a night on my own. Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

Think of it this way--you are going to have one rocking heiny and set of gams from all the squats and trips up and down those steps.

GG Barb said...

"Welcome to the world of people 3 feet high!" Your bedroom talk sure made us laugh. Gotta keep your sense of humor to get through all this.
God Bless All,
GG Barb

Lori Beth said...

Thanks for your honesty...you are making me thank my lucky stars that my kids are a bit more mellow and that my job allows me to have a few minutes of quiet each day. Oh, I do know what the single mommy thing is like and it is rough... my favorite saying of my mom's is 'when you get the end of your rope, tie and knot and hang on'!