After her 6 am bottle, she settled back down long enough for me to climb back in bed. Then this is the conversation Josh and I had:
(Peyton makes a funny nasal noise)
Josh: "What is Peyton doing?"
Janell: "She's pooping."
(After she finally finishes and settles back down.)
Josh: "Are you going to go change her?"
Janell: "No."
Josh: "Do you think she should stay in that diaper?"
Janell: "Yes."
Josh: "Are you sure that's a good idea?"
Janell: "Yes. I am not waking her up just to change her diaper."
(I never would have said that when Jenna was 9 weeks old, but I am a different mom now. )
By 7 I decide to get up since I know I need to wash bottles as I just fed Peyton out of the last clean one. As soon as I stood up from the bed, Jenna started fussing. When I got up to her room I discovered she had peed out of her diaper (Should I mention she is back in diapers at time as she is struggling with potty training now). So we cleaned her up and changed her sheets. Upon leaving her room, she wanted to turn out the light. Since she couldn't reach it, I turned it off for her which resulted in a crying tantrum. All of this happened before 7:20 am and I hadn't even had a cup of coffee yet!
So finally Jenna gets down stairs with help from Josh, bottles all get washed and then Peyton wakes up. I have spent the whole day juggling both of them, shutting down tantrums and crying spells from Jenna. I am now typing this entry with Peyton lying across my chest sleeping and listening to Jenna chit-chat in her room when she should be napping (She had better not be pulling out all of the clothes from her dresser drawers like she did on Saturday! I'd better check soon).
This is the toughest job as you do not get 15 minute breaks or lunch hours. You do not have adult conversations during the day. You have to have an extreme level of patience. You must be gentle in how you handle things as you are molding a life. You must be selfless as your kids need you since they cannot do things for themselves. You have to be prepared to do the same thing all day and all night, every day. I once thought 1 kid was tough, but I was wrong...2 kids are tough.
1 comment:
I am very proud of you. And I love you. I wish I lived closer so that I could wash bottles for you.
Post a Comment